To translate a page into your language:
- Click on the 'Access & Language Options' link at the top of any page on this website.
- Select your preferred language from the menu.
- The page will be translated.
Please note that not all text may be translated accurately or be translated at all. We are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate translations.
My Web My Way
The BBC has a website which provides accessibility help, enabling computer users to make the most of the internet whatever their ability or disability.
Listen to information on this website
Recite Me allows the text on the website to be read out loud to you. It provides you assistance if you have trouble reading text online. This makes the content more accessible and the website more pleasant to visit. As a user you don’t have to download anything.
How does it work?
Listen to the main content
You simply click on the 'Access & Language Options' link at the top of any page, then click on the Play or Fast Forward buttons to listen to the webpage's content.
Listen to selected text
You can select a part of the text that you want to listen to which is automatically read out with Recite Me open. When you click Fast Forward, Recite Me reads the next text on the page.
In the menu, you can:
- increase or decrease the font size
- change the website colours
- add a rule to the text
- enable a screen mask
- choose to translate the site into different languages
- enable text mode
- download an audio file for the site
- enable a magnifying glass for areas of content.
For more information, please visit Recite Me's website for a help guide.