Our support

We offer a range of support for people experiencing domestic abuse in Newcastle.

The types of specialist support we provide include:


Our outreach team works with you one-to-one to create safety and support plans specifically for you. The team helps anyone at risk of abuse, whether they want to leave their relationship or need support and advice while still in the relationship. The team will always meet people in a place where they feel the most safe.


We have a new purpose-built refuge in Newcastle for women and their children. The accommodation offers 14 private flats, each with up to three bedrooms. Staffed 24 hours a day, it provides a safe place for women and their children who are moving from abusive relationships. We help women to plan their futures and focus on developing their confidence and independence. We offer support to move into alternative accommodation and specialist help for children and young people while their parent is being supported through the service.

High risk victims

We run a specialist service providing independent advice about domestic and sexual violence for victims at high risk of harm. Our advisors help you to find the right support, make plans to keep yourself safe, and work with the police and courts to help you achieve long-term safety and gain access to justice.

Sexual violence

We support people who have experienced sexual violence. Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVAs) provide crisis intervention and short to medium-term support for adults (including people aged 16 and 17 years) who have experienced sexual violence, whether you have reported this or not.

If you chose to report, then an ISVA can support you through the criminal justice process and ensure that your voice is heard and can, if you choose, accompany you to appointments. If you are unsure whether to report, an ISVA can help you to consider your options. The service can also refer you to other agencies who may be able to help and provide additional support for you.

Accommodation for men

Although we only offer refuge accommodation for women, we can help men who need alternative or emergency accommodation. Please contact us so we can discuss housing options.

Practical issues

We can help you with housing and legal issues, access to benefits, training, employment and finding schools and childcare. We can help you to get specialist support if you are affected by drug or alcohol misuse. We can also access an interpreter if it’s needed.